Good evening internet!
It was this year that I decided to get more involved in beauty so I just thought I’d share it with you all. I forgot to include a few items in this picture because I’ve been carrying them around lately, so I’ll list them at the end!
1. Burt’s Bees Beauty Bag – I bought this in a set of other Burt’s Bees products (lip balms, a hand lotion and a body wash) so unfortunately it’s not available for individual sale. I use it a lot to carry all of my odds and ends.
2. Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Eye Shadow Collection – This I bought at the Sephora in Times Square two weeks ago! Frankly I have been wanting any of the Too Faced palettes recently and I’m glad to call this one my first! I bought this for $36 (making my total number of beauty points 220 woohoo!).
3. Julep Nail Polish – I loooooove the Julep nail polishes because their packaging is sooo pretty! That’s often how I feel about all things, if there is pretty packaging then the marketing company has definitely swayed me. These are usually a little more on the expensive side but I found a bunch of these at my local Marshall’s/HomeGoods for cheaper and bought it because I’m me and enjoy spending money on frivolous things haha. I bought them in the colors Catherine and Emma for $4.99 each (they’re usually $14!).
4. Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Mascara – I first got this because I was persuaded by beauty gurus on Youtube (yay Zoella & sprinkleofglitter!) and I am quite pleased. Although it isn’t my favorite mascara of all time it certainly does its job! It can be bought at your local drug store or Target or Walmart for around $6.99 (I bought mine from Target but it varies depending on where you purchase it from).
5. Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick – Again, I was persuaded by Zoella to try these Rimmel lipsticks and I really do like them! I love matte lipsticks because they just looks so nice and they aren’t overpowering or anything. I bought this from my local Target for $4.99 in the color 107.
6. Wet n Wild Color Icon Collection Eye Shadow Trio – I find this to be a nice product for starters who don’t want to spend too much money on makeup if you didn’t end up liking it (like meeee!). I bought it from again, my local Target for about $2.99 in I believe . . . Walking On Eggshells? It doesn’t say the name on the package but I looked it up online and it’s either that one or Sweet As Candy.
7. Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner – I unfortunately bought this in 002 Sparkling Black and I wish I hadn’t because I usually like to wear more shimmery eyeshadows and well . . . you can kind of see where I’m going with this. I would probably like this better if I got it in 001. I bought this from Target for about $4.49. Comment below if you use this product and have something better to say!
8. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – I LOOOOVE Nars products! I just wish I had the money for them! This is definitely a more high end product but I feel that it’s quite worth the money spent. I bought this product at Sephora for $25 in the color Bettina. I love it because it is a nice nude for me and matches my lip color quite close so if I don’t feel like wearing some other color I can just swipe this on!
9. Benefit Instant Brow Pencil – I prefer brow pencils over using shadows and a brush, I don’t know why I just do. Unfortunately because of that, I find it difficult to find a brow pencil that I like that will match my eyebrow color. I’m Asian so I have black hair and therefore my eyebrows are black! Hannah needs a dark color eyebrow pencil to match. So I found this little one at the Sephora on Fifth Avenue in New York. I bought it for either $20 or $22 (? I don’t remember I’m sorry it is probably on the website though!) in the color “deep”.
10. Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm – I love these things man. They’re so good for my lips and also the skin around it. I used to have eczema as a baby and growing up it always appears to come back for me every so often. Lately it has been happening around my lips so I need a nice lip balm that won’t stain my face! I bought it from Target for $2.99 in Vitamin E & Peppermint!
11. M.A.C. Eyeshadow – This is my first M.A.C. product and it makes me very haha. I bought it from this cosmetics store that sold high end makeup at a discount price and lo and behold I found this beauty! They’re originally around $22 or $27 but I believe I got this for around $16 or less. I looked on the website and I don’t think they sell this shade anymore (which is why it is probably sold so discounted!) but I bought it in Frost At Midnight. It’s so pretty!
12. Sonia Kashuk Blusher Brush No. 101 – This is one of my first make up brushes and very nice for the makeup beginners on a budget. It’s so soft! Not the softest but really soft for only $10.99! I know it’s supposed to be used for blush but I often use it for my pressed powders also. This was purchased at Target.
13. BareMinerals READY Bronzer – Now, I got this one free as a free sample from Sephora and I don’t use it too much but I recently used it to fix a tan line on my face (damn these glasses leaving tan lines on the bridge of my nose!) and I found it to work well in my favor. I have it in the shade The Skinny Dip? I don’t know, comment below if you have anything to say about this product!
14. Make Up Forever HD Pressed Powder – I got this from the little travel size boxes in the line to the register at Sephora (they’re so tempting dear god). My aunt who has worked at beauty counters in Bloomingdale’s and and currently Saks Fifth Avenue told me about this brand and how good it was and how she used it all the time. So I bought this pressed powder to set any makeup I use in a day and I quite enjoy it. It’s again on the high end side, it’s only a little travel size but it cost me $20! So spend your money wisely m’friend!
15. Ciate Paint Pots – I love Ciate nail polishes! Their packaging is sooo adorable. Again they’re on the high end side, one full size paint pot costing $15, but I found these also on sale at my local Marshall’s/HomeGoods for only $5.99 (praise!) and just went for it. I bought it in one of my favorite shades for nail polish; it’s a sort of like a sea foam/mint kind of color? It’s called “pepperminty”. It looks very nice after two good coats!
That’s the very last of my usual go-to’s in my makeup drawer but there are about three more things not listed! So I’ll explain those right below.
1. Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick – I needed a nice berry color and I found this! I LOVE IT! I won’t talk about it too much because I think I’ve talked enough but just thought I’d . . . y’know express my love . . . 🙂 I bought it from Target in the color 500 Berry Rose.
2. Boots No 7 Exquisite Curl Mascara – The packaging is sooo beautiful. It’s so sleek and shiny and ugh I just love it so much. The consistency isn’t heavy or clump-y and it makes for a very natural look (to me at least!) I bought it from Target for $7.99.
3. Sonia Kashuk Small Eye Shadow Brush No. 106 – Just like the No. 101 brush, it’s very soft for a non-high end brush. I bought this also from Target for $4.99. (Can’t you tell I love Target??)
Well that’s all for now! Thank you sooo so so much to my new five followers! I really appreciate that you’ve taken the time to give my new blog a glance even though I’m just starting out! THANK YOU THANK YOU! I hope that I can grow as a blogger and writer and gain even more of you followers! Thank you again!
Until next time internet!